Each week, West Islip Patch will provide a look at how former West Islip High School athletes are doing at the collegiate level. If you have any updates that are missing from this column, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
• It was a big week for Rebecca Monteith of Oneonta State. This past Tuesday she had four goals in the Red Dragons 18-11 loss to SUNY Cortland. The goals put her over the 300-point mark for her career, the first lacrosse player male or female at Oneonta to eclipse the mark. On Saturday, Monteith had 10 total points (7G, 3A) in Onenota’s 15-14 loss to Brockport.
• Paige Engeldrum secured four ground balls for Hamilton College in its 9-4 win over Colby on Saturday in the NESCAC Championship quarterfinal.
• Katie Rotan had two goals and Lauren Spagnoletta had an assist for C.W. Post in the Pioneers 13-11 overtime win over Adelphi on Saturday.
• Michael Sagl had a goal and assist for Quinnipiac but the Bobcats came up short against Sacred Heart 13-9 in the team’s regular season finale.
• Goaltender Alyssa Costantino made five first half saves for Syracuse as the Orange defeated Villanova 18-3 on Sunday.
• Pete Gonzales had six points (2G, 4A) and 12 ground balls for SUNY Cobleskill as the Fighting Tigers defeated Wells 15-6 on Saturday.
• Drew Federico, a freshman at Fairfield University, was named to the East Coast Athletic Conference's All-Rookie Team. He started 13 games so far this season and has nine goals and seven assists.
Track & Field
• At the Capital District Classic track & field event at Troy, N.Y. on Saturday, David Kastner of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute won the 110m hurdles with a time of 15.65.