The following arrest information was supplied by the Suffolk County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- A Friday night as part of a sobriety checkpoint operation in Huntington Station, Suffolk County Police said. According to police, Barry Tuma, 48, of Keith Lane was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated and Driving While Ability Impaired by the Combined Influence of Drugs and Alcohol.
- Suffolk County Police are in identifying the driver of a vehicle that was involved in a fatal hit and run incident in West Islip earlier this month. on July 2, Jason Nelson, 27, of Brightwaters, was outside a residence on Sandra Ave. when an unknown type of vehicle traveling northbound struck him, according to police. Nelson suffered severe head injuries and was later pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center.
- A person on the South Shore flying just south of West Islip en route to JFK on Sunday, causing the pilot injuries to the eye.
- On July 10, there was a report of assault on Great Neck Road.
- On July 10, there was a report of criminal mischief on Hyman Avenue.
- On July 12, there was a report of burglary on Hunter Avenue.
- On July 14, there was a report of criminal mischief on Haynes Avenue.
- On July 14, there was a report of harassment on Montauk Highway.
- On July 15, there was a report of criminal mischief on Arcadia Drive.
- On July 16, there was a report of criminal mischief on Secatogue Lane East.
- On July 16, there was a report of harassment on Leopold Avenue.