1. Patch Forecast – West Islip will see another beautiful, but cold, day in the village with sunny skies throughout the daytime hours. Highs are expected to be around 48° before nighttime brings cooler temperatures, increasing winds and more clouds as a nor'easter pulls in for Wednesday. The low will be near freezing.
2. It's Election Day! Get out and vote – Governor Cuomo has mandated all citizens be allowed to vote at any location state-wide due to Hurricane Sandy. To get caught up on all-things in your area, here's our handy Election Guide.
3. No West Islip polling locations ahve been impacted by the storm. To find your polling place, click here.
4. West Islip high school and middle school students return to class today for the first time since Sandy hit last week. Elementary Schools are expected to reopen on Wednesday.
5. Additional supplies will be heading into West Islip at Our Lady of Lourdes Church during the day from Aol & Patch at noon. Head down to help us unload or get supplies if you need them.