Each week, West Islip Patch will provide a look at how former West Islip High School athletes are doing at the collegiate level. If you have any updates that are missing from this column, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• It was a big week for two West Islip women lacrosse players at Adelphi. In the team’s 20-9 victory over Merrimack College, the second-ranked Panthers were led by Devan Crimi who had four goals and an assist along with six shots. Her teammate and fellow West Islip native Sara Sangiorgio chipped in with two goals and an assist and also had six shots. On the season, Sangiorgio has 19 goals and 22 total points while Crimi has 12 goals and 16 total points.
• Kathleen Rotan scored two goals in C.W. Post’s 18-3 victory over Bentley. Teammate Lauren Spagnoletta also found the back of the cage twice in the win.
• Rebecca Monteith of Oneonta State had six goals and two assists in her team's 14-13 overtime win over Farmingdale State.
• Syracuse sophomore goaltender Alyssa Costantino made five saves while playing the first 30 minutes of the Orange’s 18-7 victory over Towson.
• Duke senior midfielder Justin Turri had two goals and four assists in the Blue Devils 20-9 victory over Dartmouth on Sunday. This was Turri’s largest offensive output of the season.
• Sophomore midfielder Andrew Hodgson returned to Long Island and played a key role in the Tigers’ 10-9 victory over Stony Brook. He had two goals and an assist.
• Quinnipiac freshman Mike Sagl scored one goal in his team’s tough 15-12 loss vs. Hartford on Saturday.
• Matt Gebhardt had four goals for Pace in the team's 17-9 loss to New York Tech.
• SUNY Cortland junior Patrick Fannon was named to the SUNY Athletic Conference, All Conference Team for Track and Field 2012. Fannon also competed in the East Coast Championship at the New Balance Armory in New York City and placed sixth overall.