October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and several Babylon Village businesses are donating their time and money to raising awareness here on Long Island.
Monsoon, the Asian-themed restaurant located in the old Bank of Babylon building, will be donating $1 to $2 from each item off of their "Think Pink" menu throughout the month in support of the Babylon Breast Cancer Coalition.
Menu items at Monsoon will include Pink touches, with ingredidents rich in antioxidants, on the devoted menu and shades of pink will be shown in inspired wine and cocktail selections.
“More than $65,000 has been raised to date for local breast cancer coalitions through our annual Think Pink campaign," said owner Michael Bohlsen. "The cause is close to our hearts as a family and as an employer. It also serves our customers well. The work these coalitions do at a local level is very helpful to those in the communities where we were born, raised, live and work."
The Think Pink commitment is being made across all six Bohlsen-owned restaurants for the fifth straight year.
Menu items at Monsoon on the "Think Pink" menu are as follows:
First Course Selections
- Spicy *pomelo salad with Thai chili, iceberg lettuce, coconut mint vinaigrette, $11
- Pink *shrimp kim chi with oyster mushrooms, pickled *cabbage, kaffir *lime leaf broth, $14
- Crab and *corn dumpling with pink hargow, *cilantro yogurt, *alfalfa sprouts, $13
Second Course Selections
- Coriander crusted *ahi tuna, *long bean salad and wasabi cucumber vinaigrette, $28
- *Plum glazed pork tenderloin with toasted cumin, braised mustard greens, $24
- Massaman curry with shitake mushrooms, pad Thai noodles, *cashews, tamarind, $16
- *Dark chocolate mousse with Thai basil, star anise marinated *cherries, almond cherry crème fraiche, $7
- Coconut tea cake with *grapefruit glaze, *pomegranate marshmallow, $7
(*Denotes an ingredient rich in antioxidants.)