1. New Year's Eve is right around the corner. Who do you think made the biggest difference this year in West Islip? Nominate yourself or a neighbor to be West islip's Person of the Year here.
2. It was a white Christmas after all this year, as snow fell across West Islip on Dec. 24. The weather may not treat residents as kindly this week though. Expect rain today and tomorrow, and a possible storm later in the week.
3. Good Samaritan Hospital hosts its Breast Cancer Support Group tonight at 7 p.m.
4. Happy Kwanzaa to all of our West Islip neighbors.
5. Schools are closed for Winter Break and will reopen on Jan. 2, 2013.