So parents can help them break out a bit and urge them to visit the West Islip Library today after school.
Here are five things teenagers can do during a visit to the West Islip Library today.
- First up, visit the Teen Corner during October and take a guess at how many candy corns are in the jar. The closest guess without going over will win the candy at the month's end.
- The annual Young People's bake-off is coming up next Saturday. So get looking through recipe books at the library. Drop off your entry between 9 a.m and 10:30, complete with your written recipe. Judging results and sampling start at 2 p.m. The categories are cookies, cakes and Halloween treats. Stop by the reference desk for the set of rules.
- Get into game! Wednesday is GIANT game night at the library from 7 p.m. to p.m.. There's 6-foot Jenga and giant Connect 4 to play.
- Make sure you have the coolest Halloween treat bag in town this year. Sign up for the Halloween Snack Sac program, which will take place next Wednesday, October 9 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Participants will make a one-of-a-king trick-or-treat sac. All supplies provided.
- Teen Read week is coming up, the week of October 13 to the 19, so check out the Teen Mystery display.